Sunday 29 September 2013

L2P Program Community Feedback

Learner and Mentor participating in L2P ProgramCouncil’s Youth Services L2P program provides driving practice to learner drivers (under 21 years) who do not have access to a supervising driver or vehicle.

Learner drivers who are struggling to meet their mandatory 120 hours are matched with a fully licensed community member to work towards driving practice for their Probationary License. 
All mentor volunteers undertake a selection and training process to become supervising drivers.

Last week we received some positive feedback about the L2P program from community member Jess.

“I have just read an article in the local paper regarding the L2P program and wanted to express how happy I am this program exists!

When I was a learner driver I had to accumulate 120 hours of driving, however my mum was too nervous to take me out driving nor did she have much money for fuel. 

I had to wait until my partner turned 21 so he could be my supervising driver, which resulted in me getting my license a year and a half late and putting off getting into the career of my choice after completing VCE.

Just wanted to say keep up the great work! It's a excellent idea and I'm glad the youths of the Yarra valley are getting assistance.”


We’re always looking for more mentor volunteers, if you’re interested in getting involved please contact Youth Services on 9294 6716.

0 comments:

Post a Comment